New Tumblroid and Tumblroid Lite
Released new versions today for both applications. Tumblroid has had a few bug fixes that have been reported to me. If anyone continues to have problems, please email me through the market or comment below :)
Now the big change comes with the Lite version. I’ve decided to put a small advert at the bottom of the dashboard. Now I know not everyone likes adverts so I took at look at the market comments and what people were saying about the Lite version. It seems to me that reblogging was something that a lot of people wanted from the free version, so I’ve decided to make a deal with you all:
If you don’t complain about the adverts, you can now reblog your friends from the Tumblroid Lite :)
How does that sound? :)
New version is up in the market. No big new features but a fair bit of cleaning up behind the scenes to prevent force close issues. Let me know if it brings any success thanks :-)
I’m quite new to Tumblr and even newer to the Tumblr app for the iPhone. Being the application created by Tumblr themselves I assumed that they would’ve allocated a budget for UX. They either haven’t considered it or they need to hire some new guys to rethink the app completely.
I was immediately…
The free version doesn’t have any advertisements on it :)
For those in French-Land, Tumblroid is being used as part of the marketing campaign for the new LG Optimus. The idea is you can choose from a selection of applications that best describes you - these can then be posted on your facebook!
Check out Tumblroid featured under “Amis” (or “Friends” to my bilingual followers).
New Tumblroid: Updates
Hey guys, I’m off on holiday soon so I thought I’d post a new version before I go away. I’ve been making a fair bit of progress with my personal tumblroid to-do list, but I’m always looking for more ideas. Please comment below or reblog this post and let me know what you want to see! :)
- Video Uploading - You asked, I decided its about time I give :) I’ve included a basic version of video uploading. Its a little rushed but I’m hoping to get a nice little thumbnail up on the next version. But you can now post videos to your vimeo account from tumblroid. I think the limit is around 50mb per video, but I don’t recommend uploading videos that big from your phone :/
- Save Images & Saved Image Gallery - This took a lot of time to do, my browser had 2 lines of tabs open researching how this could be done. But its now up and running successfully: to save an image all you need to do is long press it, enter a filename and choose save. You should be able to view these images from your gallery application, failing that there is also the option of a built in gallery accessible from the menu bar.
- Bug Fixes - Very important. As well as fixing most of the bugs that have been send me I’ve tried my darnedest to prevent errors when posting pictures, videos etc. I’ve also implemented better error handling, so instead of horrible force closing, it will pop up a little error message saying it hasn’t worked. Hopefully posting media should now work for most people. I’ve also worked on stripping back resource heavy images, code etc so hopefully you should notice it being a bit quicker.
- Other Smaller things:
- Reblogging now posts to your default blog, and there is the option in the reblogging menu to post from a different blog.
- Default blog is now saved correctly. So if you have more than one blog, when a blog is selected as default, all posting/reblogging goes there automatically.
- Option to show the button top bar on your dashboard
- Option to refresh page after posting/reblogging
Unfortunately there are a few things I didn’t manage to finish in time:
- Widget - A tumblroid widget is in the works, and just about over half done.
- Posting Audio - Is this feature actually wanted?
- Posting Video directly from the camera - you can do this for pictures, why not video?
- Updating the free edition - the people who paid come first, fair enough right? :)
- Disqus comments - When visiting pages on your profile you will have the option to view your disqus comments
- Notifications - Notification when you get a new dashboard post perhaps or a disqus comment? :)
But yeah, that’s for the future. As I said before: please comment/reblog and let me know any improvements you would like to see.
Take care, and have a lovely summer